Frequently Asked Questions
About Family History Day 2010
at the California State Archives
1. When and where is this event, and what time will it start?
- Family History Day is on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at the California State Archives, 1020 “O” Street, 4th floor (corner of 10th and “O”, Streets), Sacramento, CA. Event hours are 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m.
- Yes. Limited free parking is available in the lot across (north of) from the State Archives building. Enter from 10th Street via the alley. The lot opens at 7a.m and closes for entry at 5p.m.
- Limited 10-hour metered street parking (quarters only, no credit cards) is located around Roosevelt Park one block west of the State Archives building. The park is located at 1602 9th Street (between 9th and 10th and P and Q Streets).
- Parking garages located on 10th Street (between O and P Streets) and on 11th Street (between O and P Streets) are closed on Saturdays.
- Attendees are encouraged to use Light Rail, exit at Archives Plaza, or to carpool.
- Yes. La Bou Bakery and Café is located at 1100 “O” Street (corner 11th and “O” Streets), one block east of the State Archives building. The Café will be open from 8:00a.m. - 2:00p.m. serving reasonably-priced bakery items, sandwiches, soups, salads, coffee, and other beverages. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. This will be the 4th year that La Bou Bakery and Café has agreed to be open for Family History Day as it is typically closed on week-ends. The sponsors of Family History Day greatly appreciate this “partnership” and encourage attendees to patronize the Café.
- Attendees may inquire at the Reception Desk for other places to eat in the area.
- Attendees who bring their lunch can eat it in Archives building lobby or Secretary of State Courtyard.
- No food/beverage will be allowed on 3rd and 4th floors of States Archives or in the California Museum (exhibit area). Food and beverage is permitted in Archives building lobby and Secretary of State Courtyard.
- Lockers are available on a first-come first-serve basis on the 4th floor of the State Archives. A key can be obtained at the 4th floor Reception Desk.
- A sign-up list will be created for attendees who want to take the mini-tour available throughout the day. Please sign-up at the 4th floor reception desk.
- Yes. The map of the United States of America and the world will be hanging next to the lockers behind the 4th floor reception desk. Ask at the reception desk for the color-coded stickers attendees can use to show their birth place, their parent’s birthplace and their grandparent’s birthplace.
- Yes. They will be open from 10:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Check at the 4th floor reception desk for more information.